- This event has passed.
Building Your Child’s Self Esteem
September 5, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmR250
Self–esteem is used to describe a person’s overall sense of self-worth or personal value. In other words, how much you appreciate and like yourself. It encompasses : beliefs about yourself and how you judge your appearance, beliefs, emotions, and behaviours.
Building self esteem involves getting to know one’s self and accepting one’s strengths and weaknesses. Confidence is a measure of faith in one’s own abilities; esteem is about our sense of self. It involves both thoughts and emotions and influences how we perceive others and interact with the world.
This series of workshops will help you the importance of self esteem, for yourself and for your children.
Self Esteem Series
5/9 – Building Your Child’s Esteem
Even without knowing it we often speak and behave in ways that damages our children’s self esteem. We are unnecessary harsh, critical or dismissive with them. We need to learn ways of building their sense of self, celebrate who they authentically are. Their future choices and self worth depends on it. Teaching children to see the best in themselves, to help them aim high in life. Help your child believe in their amazingness and this will propel them on to achieve and be successful as adults.
- What is self esteem?
- What damages self esteem?
- Low Self Esteem effects
- Ways to build your child’s self esteem
Children with Low Self Esteem:
- Feel lost and unworthy of love and may seek acceptance with the friends (often the wrong kind).
- Unassertive, they have trouble saying NO and allow themselves to be manipulated.
- Find it difficult to accept compliments, so don’t know that their true worth and value.
- Are insecure, nervous and anxious around others, so struggle to make and maintain friends.